Beehive/Weblogic jar file not available in Google Appengine

Beehive/Weblogic jar file not available in Google Appengine

ken.bowen
[Apologies for accidentally trying to post this to the Nabble forum http://dwr.2114559.n2.nabble.com]

I've been using DWR 2.0.(6..10) with two Google Appengine projects for a number of years, with no problems.  About 2015-07-18, when production Appengine switched from using Appengine SDK 1.9.23 to SDK 1.9.24,  I began getting the following exception each time one of my projects starts:

org.directwebremoting.util.CommonsLoggingOutput error: Failed to load 'pageflow' (org.directwebremoting.beehive.PageFlowCreator)
        at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-eaa0bc63bfae4257(Request.java)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Beehive/Weblogic jar file not available.
        at org.directwebremoting.beehive.PageFlowCreator.<init>(PageFlowCreator.java:58)

Neither of my projects had any code changes around that time.  This would suggest that the Beehive/Weblogic jar was available in GAE before SDK 1.9.24, but not in that release.  However, GAE personnel say that it is not to be found in the code supplied by GAE.

My apps appear to recover from this, but it clear eats up some performance.

Can anyone give me any pointers about this?
Thanks in advance,
Ken Bowen

Re: Beehive/Weblogic jar file not available in Google Appengine

david@butterdev.com
I don't/haven't used GAE so I can't comment on the specifics there.  If
you want to prevent DWR from attempting to load the pageflow stuff you
should be able to modify the internal dwr.xml (inside the dwr.jar) -
remove the line defining the PageFlowCreator.

On 2015-08-03 15:15, Ken Bowen wrote:

> [Apologies for accidentally trying to post this to the Nabble forum
> http://dwr.2114559.n2.nabble.com]
>
> I've been using DWR 2.0.(6..10) with two Google Appengine projects for
> a number of years, with no problems.  About 2015-07-18, when
> production Appengine switched from using Appengine SDK 1.9.23 to SDK
> 1.9.24,  I began getting the following exception each time one of my
> projects starts:
>
> org.directwebremoting.util.CommonsLoggingOutput error: Failed to load
> 'pageflow' (org.directwebremoting.beehive.PageFlowCreator)
> at
> com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-eaa0bc63bfae4257(Request.java)
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Beehive/Weblogic jar file
> not available.
> at
> org.directwebremoting.beehive.PageFlowCreator.<init>(PageFlowCreator.java:58)
>
> Neither of my projects had any code changes around that time.  This
> would suggest that the Beehive/Weblogic jar was available in GAE
> before SDK 1.9.24, but not in that release.  However, GAE personnel
> say that it is not to be found in the code supplied by GAE.
>
> My apps appear to recover from this, but it clear eats up some
> performance.
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers about this?
> Thanks in advance,
> Ken Bowen

Re: Beehive/Weblogic jar file not available in Google Appengine

Hi Ken,
You may want to consider upgrading to DWR 3.0 as it, apart from playing more
nicely with optional modules, contains a number of security enhancements.