DWR 2/3 not comptabile with Spring 4

Sanjay Patil

Re: DWR 2/3 not comptabile with Spring 4

david@butterdev.com
There was an issue reported with our Spring Integration for Spring 4.
We were using a Spring API that had been deprecated and removed.  That
issue was fixed per
https://directwebremoting.atlassian.net/browse/DWR-614, and you should
not have problems using the latest version of DWR (from SVN), with
Spring 4, if all of your other configuration is correct.

I have closed the issue you created in Jira.  I recommend, grabbing the
latest DWR code, building a new version and then testing with Spring 4.
Report any problems back on this mailing list and we will work through
them.  I will re-open the issue if necessary.

-David

On 05/16/2014 04:51 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.ja
> va:1559)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.ja
> va:1549)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
> va:1145)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.j
> ava:615)

Re: DWR 2/3 not comptabile with Spring 4

Sanjay Patil

Re: DWR 2/3 not comptabile with Spring 4

The attached project is missing several critical configuration pieces
(no handler mapping set-up, etc.), and has several other configurations
incorrect (using dwr-2 schema), so the error you are seeing is expected.
You may want to read our documentation and the following post:
http://www.butterdev.com/dwr/2008/02/dwr-20x-spring-2x-with-spring-mvc/

I just did a simple test and DWR is working fine with Spring 4.  I will
send you a working example personally to avoid attaching a file to the
list.

-David