DWR not compatible with optimizing proxies

DWR not compatible with optimizing proxies

Matt Welsh
Hello DWR team,

We are investigating an issue with Delta.com's website which appears to use DWR. Their site is broken through any proxy that optimizes JavaScript (e.g., by removing comments). which are widespread on the Internet, in particular inside of mobile ISPs.

For example, the URL:

contains the comment

//#DWR-REPLY

which is stripped by proxies that optimize JavaScript (e.g., by removing comments).

The proposed solution is to use "Cache-Control: no-transform" on such replies, which would prevent a standard-compliant proxy from attempting to remove the comment from the JS code.

I can't tell if this is already being done, but in general I think it's good practice.

Should I file a bug on this issue?

Thanks.

Matt Welsh
Google, Inc.