Re: Fwd: Re: File transfer: HTTP status error not handled (413 (Request Entity Too Large))

Re: Fwd: Re: File transfer: HTTP status error not handled (413 (Request Entity Too Large))

uwolfer
It works now on java.net. I tried to use the nabble reply function (I
have not noticed the comment that nabble reply does not work).

Anyway, how to proceed with this issue? Do you need any other
information?

Bye
urs

Re: Fwd: Re: File transfer: HTTP status error not handled (413 (Request Entity Too Large))

david@butterdev.com
Urs,
The last message I got from you off the list was:

"After updating DWR to 3.0.0, following code gets called:
if (typeof dwr != "undefined") {
     var htmlResponse = contentDoc && contentDoc.documentElement ?
contentDoc.documentElement.outerHTML : "(Could not extract HTML
response: " + contentEx.message + ")";
     dwr.engine._handleError(batch, {
         name: "dwr.engine.textHtmlReply",
         message: "HTML reply from the server.",
         responseText: htmlResponse
     })
}

But I'm still not able to handle this error in a special manner since I
do only get a generic error message. I think the HTTP status code would
help here a lot.

What do you think?"

In this case you can see we are passing the actual text of the response
to the error handler.  You should be able to use/parse that to display a
proper error message.

On 12/11/2015 04:55 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> It works now on java.net. I tried to use the nabble reply function (I
> have not noticed the comment that nabble reply does not work).
>
> Anyway, how to proceed with this issue? Do you need any other
> information?
>
> Bye
> urs

Re: Fwd: Re: File transfer: HTTP status error not handled (413 (Request Entity Too Large))

Per your mail that David posted, you are asking for DWR to provide the
HTTP status code when your file transfer fails. DWR uses iframes for
file uploads and unfortunately they do not expose the HTTP status, so
this is not currently possible.

Best regards
Mike

On 2015-12-11 14:01, David Marginian wrote:

> Urs,
> The last message I got from you off the list was:
>
> "After updating DWR to 3.0.0, following code gets called:
> if (typeof dwr != "undefined") {
>     var htmlResponse = contentDoc && contentDoc.documentElement ?
> contentDoc.documentElement.outerHTML : "(Could not extract HTML
> response: " + contentEx.message + ")";
>     dwr.engine._handleError(batch, {
>         name: "dwr.engine.textHtmlReply",
>         message: "HTML reply from the server.",
>         responseText: htmlResponse
>     })
> }
>
> But I'm still not able to handle this error in a special manner since
> I do only get a generic error message. I think the HTTP status code
> would help here a lot.
>
> What do you think?"
>
> In this case you can see we are passing the actual text of the
> response to the error handler.  You should be able to use/parse that
> to display a proper error message.

Yes, this is correct. I can parse the response html. It's not the
greatest solution, but it seems to be the only solution when using an
iframe.

Thank you all for your support.

Bye
urs