Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

devmgs
Please include instruction to either add web-fragment.xml file as:

<web-fragment>
<servlet>
<description></description>
<display-name>dwr</display-name>
<servlet-name>dwr</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>dwr</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/dwr/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-fragment>

inside META-INF

OR

Please include yourself in the distibution so we can use without searching how to use dwr in 3.0 servlet

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

david@butterdev.com
The reason we do not include a web-fragment.xml in our distribution is that the servlet definition is often configured with init-params and there is not a common solution for all deployments.  

If you want to use DWR without a web.xml then you will need to modify the jar by adding the META-INF/web-fragments.xml file.  As DWR is just a servlet, this configuration is not specific to DWR but I can add a short blurb in the docs regarding this.  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

devmgs

Thanks I understand the issue. Please include the instruction in the help docs so the new developer find it easy to use. As in my case I was using IBM RAD 8.5 and it was not accepting the configuration using web.xml and throwing error.

Sent via Android® on Airtel®

On Nov 20, 2012 12:26 AM, "[hidden email] [via DWR]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The reason we do not include a web-fragment.xml in our distribution is that the servlet definition is often configured with init-params and there is not a common solution for all deployments.  

If you want to use DWR without a web.xml then you will need to modify the jar by adding the META-INF/web-fragments.xml file.  As DWR is just a servlet, this configuration is not specific to DWR but I can add a short blurb in the docs regarding this.  


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://dwr.2114559.n2.nabble.com/Support-for-Servlet-3-0-Container-tp7580121p7580123.html
To unsubscribe from Support for Servlet 3.0 Container, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

david@butterdev.com
Sounds like a RAD 8.5 issue as you can certainly still use a web.xml file with Servlet 3.0 spec. containers.  I will add something to the docs that briefly discuss this.


On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM, devmgs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks I understand the issue. Please include the instruction in the help docs so the new developer find it easy to use. As in my case I was using IBM RAD 8.5 and it was not accepting the configuration using web.xml and throwing error.

Sent via Android® on Airtel®

On Nov 20, 2012 12:26 AM, "[hidden email] [via DWR]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The reason we do not include a web-fragment.xml in our distribution is that the servlet definition is often configured with init-params and there is not a common solution for all deployments.  

If you want to use DWR without a web.xml then you will need to modify the jar by adding the META-INF/web-fragments.xml file.  As DWR is just a servlet, this configuration is not specific to DWR but I can add a short blurb in the docs regarding this.  


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://dwr.2114559.n2.nabble.com/Support-for-Servlet-3-0-Container-tp7580121p7580123.html
To unsubscribe from Support for Servlet 3.0 Container, click here.
NAML


View this message in context: Re: Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

Sent from the DWR - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

devmgs

Thanks I also feel same that RAD 8.5 might have issue. Just wanted that others don't face same until RAD gets its patch.

Sent via Android® on Airtel®

On Nov 20, 2012 4:18 AM, "[hidden email] [via DWR]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds like a RAD 8.5 issue as you can certainly still use a web.xml file with Servlet 3.0 spec. containers.  I will add something to the docs that briefly discuss this.


On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM, devmgs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks I understand the issue. Please include the instruction in the help docs so the new developer find it easy to use. As in my case I was using IBM RAD 8.5 and it was not accepting the configuration using web.xml and throwing error.

Sent via Android® on Airtel®

On Nov 20, 2012 12:26 AM, "[hidden email] [via DWR]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The reason we do not include a web-fragment.xml in our distribution is that the servlet definition is often configured with init-params and there is not a common solution for all deployments.  

If you want to use DWR without a web.xml then you will need to modify the jar by adding the META-INF/web-fragments.xml file.  As DWR is just a servlet, this configuration is not specific to DWR but I can add a short blurb in the docs regarding this.  


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://dwr.2114559.n2.nabble.com/Support-for-Servlet-3-0-Container-tp7580121p7580123.html
To unsubscribe from Support for Servlet 3.0 Container, click here.
NAML


View this message in context: Re: Support for Servlet 3.0 Container

Sent from the DWR - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://dwr.2114559.n2.nabble.com/Support-for-Servlet-3-0-Container-tp7580121p7580125.html
To unsubscribe from Support for Servlet 3.0 Container, click here.
NAML