addOptions/removeAllOptions calls for bulk data cause IE browser to hang.

addOptions/removeAllOptions calls for bulk data cause IE browser to hang.

aniruddh

Hi

               We have a large javascript map object that we use DWR to populate webwork Select list.

Map data has string key, string values and can contain over 2000 element.

In IE 11, the call dwr.util.addOptions('availableList', data);  takes up to 60 seconds to populate the Select List, and while doing so browser is remained unresponsive.

Similarly if Select list is already populated with over 2000 elements, the call dwr.util.removeAllOptions('availableList');  causes same amount of delay and unresponsiveness.

In Firefox, Chrome it work just fine.

·         I am using dwr 2.0.5, part of my pom.xml
<dependency>

<groupId>org.directwebremoting</groupId>

      <artifactId>dwr</artifactId>

      <version>2.0.5</version>

</dependency>

·         Issue causes in IE Version:11.0.9600.17420

This may be a known issue, or already improved.

Can you please suggest if  any latest DWR versions has better adOptions/ removeAllOptions performance when it comes to dealing with large data set.

Or any work around to deal with this.

Please let me know if any other info is needed.

Thanks

Aniruddh Rawool